Archive for the ‘Green Card’ Category

Renew Your Green Card or Apply for Naturalization?

Posted by Dona Maria Avanzado April 25th, 2017

Renew Your Green Card or Apply for Naturalization? Per the USCIS (formerly the INS), if your Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) has less than six months of remaining validity, you must renew your Green Card prior to filing an application for naturalization (Form N-400). You must submit a photocopy of your replacement Green Card when […]


How to Adjust Your Status and Get a Green Card

Posted by Dona Maria Avanzado April 1st, 2014

The Immigration and Nationality Act lets nonimmigrants who are living in the U.S. change their temporary status to become a lawful permanent resident (green card holder) without having to leave the country. This process is known as adjustment of status. There are two ways to get an immigrant visa that would let you permanently live […]


How to Become a Lawful Permanent Resident?

Posted by Dona Maria Avanzado February 20th, 2014

People from all over the world want to settle in the U.S., but many of them don’t know how. The U.S. allows thousands of people every year to get a permanent resident card (green card), which allows them to permanently live and work in the U.S. However, it’s not easy to get a green card. There is […]


How to Complete Form I-130?

Posted by Dona Maria Avanzado September 27th, 2013

If you are a US citizen or a permanent resident and if you seek to bring your family member to the United States, you can do so by sponsoring that relative for lawful status in the country. To sponsor a family member and get him/her a Green Card, you will have to start the application […]


How to Complete Form I-485?

Posted by Dona Maria Avanzado September 20th, 2013

According to the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), a non-immigrant can change his/her temporary status to permanent resident status, if he/she meets all the requirements for a US Green Card, in a particular category. This process, of adjusting non-immigrant status to permanent resident status, is known as adjustment of status. Form I-485 must be filed […]


Green Card Renewal Cost

Posted by Dona Maria Avanzado August 30th, 2013

Permanent resident cards, commonly known as Green Cards, are issued by the USCIS to the foreign nationals who become permanent residents of America. This status, though is known as permanent resident status, is not a lifetime status. To remain in America as a permanent resident forever, a foreign national who holds a Green Card must […]


3 Ways to Immigrate to USA

Posted by Dona Maria Avanzado July 9th, 2013

United States is one of the most popular countries and it has been drawing the attention of foreigners for ages. Many wish to relocate to the United States and it is the dream country for many. There are several reasons why foreign nationals select America when it comes to immigration. United States is made up […]


How to Apply for a Green Card for Your Same Sex Partner?

Posted by Dona Maria Avanzado July 2nd, 2013

US citizens and Green Card holders can now petition for their same sex spouses. The US Supreme Court recently overturned the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) and stated that it violated the Constitution. A section of this act prevented the US citizens and the permanent residents from sponsoring their same sex partners. Likewise, it also […]


How Can I Get a US Green Card Through Marriage?

Posted by Dona Maria Avanzado June 28th, 2013

As believed by many, the most easiest way for a foreign national to become a permanent resident of the United States, is through marriage to a US citizen. In order to promote family unity, United States permits US citizens to sponsor their spouses and other immediate relatives for US Green Cards. If you are a […]


How to Become Legal Permanent Resident?

Posted by Dona Maria Avanzado June 13th, 2013

Many people wish to live in the United States permanently but they are unaware of the process through which they can obtain lawful permanent resident status in America. United States recognizes the need for foreign nationals to settle in the United States and permits them to immigrate to America and live there permanently. Nevertheless, it […] | Articles

Related Products


Category Archives