Archive for the ‘U.S. Visas’ Category

How to Complete Form I-134?

Posted by Dona Maria Avanzado October 4th, 2013

The USCIS Form I-134 is the Affidavit of Support form that must be filed by a person who seeks to sponsor his family member for a visitor visa. This form must be signed by the sponsor to establish that the visitor who he is sponsoring will not become a public charge. The sponsor must file […]


How to Get a Permit to Work in the US?

Posted by Dona Maria Avanzado September 13th, 2013

To work in the United States, you need to be legally authorized to work here. You must be a US citizen or a permanent resident to legally work in the country. If not, you need to obtain an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) to work here. This document will help you to establish that you are […]


What is a Travel Document?

Posted by Dona Maria Avanzado July 15th, 2013

Travel documents are identification documents issued by the American government. These documents will help the individuals in America to travel abroad and to return to the United States. A passport is the most common travel document. But US passports are meant only for citizens of the United States. United States does not prevent permanent residents […]


How Do I Apply for US Visa?

Posted by Dona Maria Avanzado June 14th, 2013

If you seek to travel to the United States, you need to obtain a US visa and there are two types of US visas. Immigrant visas are for people who seek to settle in America and non-immigrant visas are for people who seek to temporarily visit the country. Some foreign nationals can travel to the […]


How to Apply for EAD Card?

Posted by Dona Maria Avanzado May 30th, 2013

EAD cards are nothing but Employment Authorization Documents, that grant immigrants permission to work in the United States. Green Card holders and US citizens can work in the United States as their legal status in the country authorizes them to work. Likewise, there are some categories of non-immigrants whose non-immigrant visas authorize them to work […]


How do I Get a Working Visa?

Posted by Dona Maria Avanzado March 27th, 2013

Being a foreign national, to get into the United States, you must obtain a visa and you need to get a visa, based on the purpose of your travel. If you wish to visit someone in the United States, you may go for tourist visas and student visas to study in the country. Likewise, if […]


Difference Between US Green Cards and Work Visas

Posted by Dona Maria Avanzado March 15th, 2013

Many foreign nationals wrongly believe that Green Cards and works visas are both the same but both the documents are different and represent different statuses. United States Green Cards US Green Cards are Alien Registration Cards, that were once green in color and these cards will help the foreign nationals who are granted lawful status, […]


H-1B Application

Posted by Dona Maria Avanzado March 12th, 2013

H-1B visas are non-immigrant visas, meant for foreign workers with special skills and these visas are valid for six years and the US employers who seek to hire foreign workers with distinguished ability for specialty occupations may file H-1B petitions, for the employees who they wish to hire. According to the US immigration laws, US […]


EAD for H-4 Visa Holders

Posted by Dona Maria Avanzado February 22nd, 2013

United States is always in short of high skilled workers and in order to sustain its competitiveness, the country looks forward to grant visas to high skilled foreign workers. Now the USCIS has planned to grant work permits to the H-4 spouses of H-1B visa holders, because most of the H-4 spouses are graduates who […]


US Visa Extension – Things You Need to do to Stay Longer in the US

Posted by Dona Maria Avanzado December 28th, 2012

Foreign nationals who enter into the United States on temporary non-immigrant visas, can stay in the country only for a certain period of time. If they seek to remain in the country for few more days, they will have to apply for US visa extension. Citizens of foreign countries who enter into America for tourism, […]