Welcome back. Go to your forms.


What You Need to Know About the USCIS Application Status?

If you have filed a USCIS form to obtain a particular immigration benefit, you can check the status of your immigration petition online and you can just visit the “My Case Status” page on the USCIS website and know about the status of your petition. Similarly, applicants can check the status of their petitions by phone, by email or in person.

How to Check My Application Status?

To check the status of your application online, you need to visit USCIS.GOV and click the CASE STATUS box and after you are directed to the case status page, you will have to enter your application receipt number that you find on the receipt notice that the USCIS mailed to you after accepting your petition. If you had filed your petition online, you can find the receipt number on the confirmation notice that you received after e-filing your petition. You need to enter all the 13 digits and after you enter your receipt number, you need to click “CHECK STATUS”. You will then be directed to another page that will show that status of your immigration petition.

USCIS also allows its customers to create accounts and register for automatic updates and such updates will be sent to the customers by e-mails or text messages. Every applicant will be assigned a unique receipt number by the USCIS and the applicants can check the status of their applications by making use of those receipt numbers. The 13 digit receipt numbers are alphanumeric and the first three characters of these receipt numbers indicate the 4 USCIS service centers and if you file your application in California, your receipt number will start with WAC.

You can also check the USCIS application status over the phone, by calling 1 800 375 5283. To check your application status by phone, you need to dial this number and follow the instructions and you can obtain information about your application and other automated information, at any time. However, if you need to talk to a USCIS representative, you must call between 8am and 8pm. You may also send emails to the service centers for information, if your issue is not resolved within 30 days from the date of talking to a USCIS representative. If you want to speak to an immigration officer directly, you can just make an INFOPASS appointment, visit a USCIS office directly and discuss about your issues with an immigration officer. You can visit the USCIS website and make an INFOPASS appointment.

Goto Top