Why You Need to Obtain an Advance Parole Document?

Non-immigrants who have pending applications may not be able to travel outside the country freely and must obtain proper documentation before they could leave the country. If not they may be considered inadmissible into the country upon their return and their pending immigrant petitions may be denied. To re-enter the country hassle free after traveling abroad, you will have to obtain an advance parole document.

Advance parole is a document that is issued to non-immigrants who are not lawful permanent residents of the United States. Such individuals must apply for and obtain this document, if they seek to return to the United States after traveling to a foreign country. People who do not have valid immigrant visas to return to the United States, must obtain this document. Non-immigrants in the United States must obtain this document before they could leave the country as they may not be allowed to re-enter the country, if they leave the United States without obtaining advance parole. Advance parole is different from the re-entry permit that is granted to permanent residents of the country.

You will have to apply for advance parole, if your application for adjustment of status is pending or if you are a refugee or an asylee who has applied for an immigrant visa. If your Form I-485, is pending, you may travel abroad only after your application for advance parole is approved. You will have to do so in order avoid the denial of your application for adjustment of status.

You will have to file the USCIS Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, to obtain an advance parole document. You may file this form electronically and if you choose to file a paper application, you may complete it and mail it to a USCIS lockbox facility. You need to file the completed Form I-131, along with the required filing fee and two passport style photographs and the supporting documentation.

You need not obtain an advance parole document if you are a H1 temporary worker or H4 dependent of H1, L-1 Intracompany Transferee or L2 dependent of L1, K3 or K4 dependent of a US citizen and V2 or V3 dependent of a lawful permanent resident. In this case, while you return to the United States, you will have to present your valid H, L, K or V visas to enter into the country.

An application for advance parole is generally processed within two to three months from the date of the application. An advance parole document issued to you will be valid for a year and you may use this document to enter into the United States. You need to obtain this document to re-enter the country but this document alone does not guarantee admission and you will be subject to inspection at the US port of entry and only after that you will be allowed to enter into the country.

30 thoughts on “Why You Need to Obtain an Advance Parole Document?”

  1. Pingback: Google

  2. Pingback: Google

  3. Hi there! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any issues with hackers? My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing many months of hard work due to no back up. Do you have any methods to prevent hackers?

  4. Pingback: Google

  5. Pingback: Google

  6. An impressive share! I’ve just forwarded this onto a co-worker who had been doing a little research on this. And he in fact ordered me lunch because I discovered it for him… lol. So let me reword this…. Thank YOU for the meal!! But yeah, thanks for spending the time to discuss this subject here on your blog.

  7. It is really a nice and helpful piece of information. I am
    happy that you just shared this useful information with us.
    Please stay us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

  8. I love what you guys are up too. This sort of clever work and reporting!
    Keep up the superb works guys I’ve included you guys to my personal blogroll.

  9. I want to to thank you for this excellent
    read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it.
    I’ve got you bookmarked to look at new things you post…

  10. I love what you guys are up too. Such clever work and coverage!
    Keep up the amazing works guys I’ve incorporated you
    guys to my blogroll.

  11. What’s up to all, how is the whole thing, I think every one is getting more from this
    web site, and your views are good for new people.

  12. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I’ve really enjoyed surfing around your blog posts.
    In any case I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!

  13. We are a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community.
    Your website provided us with valuable information to work
    on. You’ve performed a formidable job and our whole group can be grateful to you.

  14. Hello there! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could locate a
    captcha plugin for my comment form? I’m using the same blog platform as
    yours and I’m having trouble finding one? Thanks a lot!

  15. Simply want to say your article is as surprising.
    The clearness in your post is just spectacular and i can assume you are an expert on this
    subject. Fine with your permission allow me to grab
    your RSS feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post.
    Thanks a million and please continue the enjoyable work.

  16. I believe everything wrote made a bunch of sense. But, what about this?
    what if you wrote a catchier title? I mean, I don’t wish to tell you
    how to run your website, but what if you added a post title that grabbed
    folk’s attention? I mean Why You Need to Obtain an Advance Parole Document?
    – uscitizenship is a little boring. You ought to peek
    at Yahoo’s home page and see how they write news titles to get viewers to click.
    You might add a video or a picture or two to grab readers excited about everything’ve got to say.
    In my opinion, it would bring your posts a little livelier.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.