Donald Trump recently unveiled his immigration reform plan that he will implement if elected as the President of the U.S. According to Donald Trump, real immigration reform is the one that puts the needs of working people first. He says that America is the only country that gives more importance to the needs of the other nations. He aims at prioritizing the Americans and improving their wages, jobs and security. Trump wants to secure the country’s borders by building a wall. He wants to pass immigration laws in accordance with America’s Constitutional system.
Trump’s plan includes the following.
- Construct a border wall and ask Mexico to pay for it.
- Detain immigrants who manage to get through the border wall. They will not be given an opportunity to find a lawyer who would help them seek asylum in the U.S. They will not be held and then released. Deport all undocumented immigrants encountered by border protection authorities.
- No green cards to foreign nationals coming to the U.S. for employment purposes. The plan is to reduce legal and high-skilled immigration.
- Put an end to birth right citizenship for children born to undocumented immigrants in the U.S.
- Those applying for naturalization have to submit letters of recommendation from notable U.S. citizens.
- Put in place laws that will send back criminal immigrants to their home countries. Cancel visas to foreign countries that do not accept their criminal citizens.
- Employ more numbers of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officials.
- Put in place a modernized E-verify system to protect jobs for unemployed Americans.
- Put an end to “sanctuary cities.” Cut off federal grants for such cities that protect undocumented immigrants.
- Those overstaying their non-immigrant visas will be subject to criminal penalties.