Welcome back. Go to your forms.


Form I-601A Waiver – Form Filing Tips

Similar to the other USCIS forms, Form I-601A also comes with specific form instructions that will help you to easily complete the form. The checklist that comes along with Form I-601A will help you to make sure that you have accurately completed your petition. At the same time, you need to remember that Form I-601A cannot be filed along with any other USCIS form. You need to follow all the form instructions, in order to prevent your waiver petition from being rejected. Generally, USCIS rejects petitions that do not accompany the required form filing and the biometrics fee. Moreover, your petition will be rejected, if you are ineligible for this waiver.

You need not visit USCIS offices to obtain this form and this form can be downloaded from the website. Form I-601A, Application for Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver, must be filed along with $585 and applicants above age 79 need not pay the biometrics fees but the other applicants will have to pay $85, in addition, as biometric services fee. This application must be completed using black ink and you will have to enter your name, family name and your date of birth. You must also provide the receipt number of Form I-130 or Form I-360 and your case number. You will have to enter the status of your immigration interview and remember that you cannot file this form if you were required to appear for an interview before January 3rd, 2013.

You can find the list of supporting documents that must be submitted along with Form I-601A, in the form instructions page and see to that you include all those documents in your application package. If you feel that the information that you have entered into your application is incorrect prior to file it, you may start over with a new form and you may download a copy of the form from the website. Remember that, you can also complete the form online.

If you move to a new address after filing your application for a waiver, you will have to notify the USCIS of your new address. Along with Form I-601A, form filing fees and the supporting documents, you may also submit Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance and if you file this form, USCIS will send emails or text messages, after accepting your form.

Goto Top