Welcome back. Go to your forms.


Immigration Fact of the Week (August 7 – 13)

Who Doesn’t Need to Separately Get a Work Permit?

Who Doesn't Need to Separately Apply for a Work PermitGreen card holders and U.S. citizens do not need a work permit, also known as an Employment Authorization Document, to work in the U.S. They automatically have permission to work here.

Green card holders just need to show their green cards to their employers to show that they are authorized to work in the U.S. as a green card is an evidence of employment authorization. U.S. citizens may have to show their naturalization certificates or U.S. passports.

Foreign nationals who hold employer-sponsored work visas that allow them to work for a particular employer are eligible to work in the U.S. They need not get work permits. For example, you can work in the U.S. if you hold an H-1B visa, L-1 visa, O or a P visa.

Read more about the Employment Authorization Document.

Check out our immigration blog for more immigration facts!

Goto Top