Welcome back. Go to your forms.


Immigration Fact of the Week (Feb 8 – 14)

Can Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) recipients travel without advance parole?

DACA recipients need not obtain this travel document if they are traveling to U.S. territories including U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico. While traveling to these locations, they need to carry evidence that they have been granted deferred action by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). However, they might be required to undergo customs inspection and other processes depending on the location to which they travel.

DACA recipients must obtain advance parole prior to their travel, if they are planning to travel to locations other than the continental United States, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands. For international travel and to travel to American Samoa, they must obtain advance parole from USCIS prior to departure.
Check out our immigration blog for more immigration facts!

Goto Top