Do I need to take all documents, copies of which I already submitted with Form N-400, to the Naturalization interview?
Yes. Evidence you already submitted with your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization might be needed for review.
Here are few documents you must carry with you to your naturalization interview without fail.
- Your permanent resident card (green card)
- Your passports (expired and valid)
- State issued identification documents like driver’s license
- Evidence of your current marital status ( For eg. marriage certificate, divorce decree, death certificate of your former spouse, etc.)
- If you have changed your name, bring evidence of name change, for eg. copy of marriage document or court decree for name change.
- If spouse was previously married, bring evidence that your spouse’s previous marriage was terminated.
- If you have been arrested or detained by the police, bring copies or originals of court dispositions.
- If you are a male between ages 18 and 31, provide proof that you have registered with the selective service.
Prepare for your naturalization test and interview with our Pass the U.S. Citizenship Test & Interview DVD.
Check out our immigration blog for more immigration facts!