Welcome back. Go to your forms.


Immigration Fact of the Week (Jan 4 – 10)

USCIS application transferred from one service center to anotherWhat happens to my immigration or naturalization application if it is transferred from one USCIS service center to another?

The new service center to which your case has been transferred, will process your case.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) transfers the adjudication of some cases among its service centers to balance the agency’s overall workload. For example, if the immigrant petition, Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, you filed with the Vermont Service Center (VSC) is transferred to the California Service Center (CSC), the USCIS will notify you of it. You will receive a notice saying that your case has been transferred to another center and that the new center will process your case. This case transfer will not delay your application’s processing. The receipt number you received when you filed your application with the VSC will not change. This receipt number can be used to determine the status of your immigration case by entering it on the USCIS case status web page.

Check out our immigration blog for more immigration facts!

Goto Top