Welcome back. Go to your forms.


Immigration Fact of the Week (July 11 – 17)

Travel while my I-485 is pendingCan I travel while my I-485 is pending?

Yes you can, provided you obtain an advance parole document prior to your departure from the U.S.

Advance parole document is a travel document that is meant for someone whose Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status is pending with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The immigration agency will consider your adjustment of status application abandoned if you travel abroad without a travel document.

If your Form I485 is pending and if you want to travel abroad, you must file Form I-131, Application for Travel Document. You need to file this form and get it approved before you depart. Traveling abroad with advance parole will help you make sure your Form I-485 may not be denied by the USCIS because of your trip abroad.

File your request to for travel document as early as possible to have a hazzle-free travel.

Check out our immigration blog for more immigration facts!

Goto Top