Welcome back. Go to your forms.


Immigration Fact of the Week (March 13 – 19)

Travel while my I-485 is pendingAs a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., can I leave the U.S. multiple times and return?

As a lawful permanent resident, you can leave the U.S. multiple times and re-enter. You will be allowed to do so only if your intention is not to abandon the U.S. and stay outside of the U.S. If you are suspected to make the U.S. your temporary residence and some other country your permanent home, you may lose your legal resident status in the U.S.

You can get a re-entry permit if your trip abroad will be one that lasts for more than six months. You will need to get this document before you travel as you cannot apply for and get a travel document while abroad. You can file Form I-131, Application for Travel Document to get a re-entry permit.

Check out our immigration blog for more immigration facts!

Goto Top