Welcome back. Go to your forms.


Certificate of Citizenship Online Preparation

(Form N-600) Do It Yourself Online Software Preparation Services

Certificate of Citizenship

Our Services Include

  • Safe and secure online do it yourself immigration software
  • Easy to understand instructions
  • Eligibility check before starting your application
  • Document translations for an additional fee
  • Helpful tools to prepare and file your application correctly
  • Print ready application ready to mail to the USCIS
  • Peace of mind

Price $199
Government Fees not included

By the way, here’s something you should know before using our service By the way, here’s something you should know before using our service. Read More IF YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED YET, WE ARE NOT A LAW FIRM AND ARE NOT affiliated with ANY GOVERNMENT AGENCY. WE ARE A PRIVATELY OWNED WEBSITE PROVIDING EASY, SELF HELP ONLINE IMMIGRATION SOLUTIONS. PURCHASE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE GOVERNMENT FILING FEES. BLANK FORMS ARE AVAILABLE WITH INSTRUCTIONS FOR FREE FROM THE USCIS. Our software was built by immigration professionals and currently used by immigration attorneys. We pride ourselves in running the latest technology to make the immigration application process easy and secure. Our teams spend hundreds of hours every week improving how our systems work to make your experience the best it can be on any device. CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENTS ARE NOT LAWYERS AND WILL ONLY ANSWER QUESTIONS REGARDING BILLING OR OUR SOFTWARE. We’re sure the USCIS tries really hard to make the immigration process easier for you, we’re just here to do it better. The choice is yours! close

Form N-600 Information

How do I get a Citizenship Certificate?

Form N-600 is the Application for Certificate of Citizenship. If you are a U.S. citizen through your parent(s), you can use a Certificate of Citizenship to document this. If you live in the United States as a citizen or were born abroad to U.S. citizen parent(s) then you may use this form.

What documents do I include with Form N-600?

Depending on you eligibility category, you will need to submit particular documents. Most applications require the documents listed below either from the parent of the applicant or the applicant him/herself.

All submitted documents must either be in English or be accompanied by a translation in English. The translator must certify he/she is competent to translate and that the translation is accurate.

  • Birth Certificate or Record
    • Issued by a civil authority
    • From the country of birth
  • Marriage Certificate
    • Issued by a civil authority
    • From the state or country of marriage
  • Proof of U.S. Citizenship
    • U.S. birth certificate;
    • Form N-550, Certificate of Naturalization;
    • Form N-560, Certificate of Citizenship; or
    • Form FS-240, Report of Birth Abroad of United States Citizen
  • Evidence of all legal name changes

Who can get a Citizenship Certificate?

To be eligible for a Certificate of Citizenship, you must be able to claim U.S. citizenship through your parents. You must qualify for one of the below four categories to file Form N-600, Application for Certificate of Citizenship.

  1. You are claiming U.S. citizenship by action of law while residing in the United States or because you were born abroad to U.S. citizen parent(s).
  2. If you are the biological or adopted child of a U.S. citizen, were born abroad, and are claiming citizenship by action of law, then you are automatically citizen if:
    • One of your parents is a U.S. citizen (by birth or naturalization);
    • You live in the United States in the legal and physical custody of your U.S. citizen parent(s);
    • You have been admitted for permanent residence.*
    • You are under 18 years of age;
    • You are biological, legitimate, or have been legitimated** while in legal custody of your legitimating parent before your 16th birthday;
    • Your mother is a U.S. citizen, you were born out of wedlock, and have not been legitimated; or
    • Any of the above conditions apply to you and:
      • you are now 18 years of age or older,
      • the conditions applied to you before your 18th birthday, and
      • you were under the age of 18 on February 27,2001.

      *In the case of adoptions-you must have been admitted on an IR-3 classification visa, child adopted outside of the United States. If you were admitted on an IR-4 visa, then you must complete a final adoption before you can file for a Certificate of Citizenship.

      **To be legitimated means to have your birth formally recognized in the country where you born. A local birth certificate works well.
  3. If the following occurred before your 18th birthday and prior to February 27, 2001:
    • You were admitted into the United States as a permanent resident and regularly reside there; and
    • Both of your parents, the parent having legal custody of you, or your sole surviving parent are naturalized U.S. citizens.
  4. If you are the biological child of a U.S. citizen, were born abroad, and are claiming citizenship by having been born to U.S. citizen parent(s), then you are automatically citizen if:
    • Both of your parents are U.S. citizens and at least of your parents had residence in the United States or one of its outlying possessions before you were born; or
    • One of your parents is a U.S. citizen (the other is neither a U.S. citizen) and he/she had been physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for a period of at least five years (this does not have to be consecutive). Two years of this residence must have taken place after the citizen parent was 14 years old.

Source: USCIS

How can I become a U.S. citizen?

You can become a citizen through birth or naturalization.

How do I report a birth abroad?

If one or both of the parents of a child born abroad are U.S. citizens, then you may report the birth of your child so that he/she may be recognized as a U.S. citizen. First, the birth must be legitimized by obtaining a local birth certificate issued by a civil authority in the country of birth. Report the birth with the birth certificate to your local U.S. consulate or embassy. After the birth is reported, the family will receive a "Consular Report of Birth" which designates the child as a U.S. citizen.

What is Form N-600k?

Form N-600K is the Application for Citizenship and Issuance of Certificate Under Section 322. It is for children who regularly reside abroad to claim U.S. citizenship based on parentage.

Section 322 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) states that U.S. citizen parents may seek citizenship on behalf a child born outside of the United States who has not acquired citizenship automatically.

If the U.S. citizen parent has died, Section 322 allows a U.S. citizen grandparent of the child or U.S. legal guardian of the child to file Form N-600K on his/her behalf.


Subscribe to our Newsletter

Get updates in your inbox.

Goto Top


Standard Certificate of Citizenship Application Government & Filing Fees: