File your immigration applications online with USCIS ELIS, USCIS’ electronic immigration system. You can use ELIS to file USCIS applications electronically. Currently ELIS only offers Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status for the following:

  • Extend Status

If you are in the United States under B-1, B-2, F-1, M-1 or M-2 status, you can use ELIS to extend the validity of your visa.

  • Change Status

If you want to change your nonimmigrant status to a B-1, B-2, F-1, F-2, J-1, J-2, M-1 or M-2, you can file your application to change status using ELIS.

  • Reinstate Status

You can file your application to reinstate status as a F-1 or M-1 nonimmigrant using ELIS.

ELIS allows you to file online, create an individual online account, securely and electronically manage your interactions with USCIS and conveniently check your cases status.

Visit USCIS ELIS here: